Share Your Beautiful Smile More Often – It’s Good For You!
They say the most attractive part of a person is their smile. But did you know that showing off your beautiful smile is actually good for you?
Studies have shown this to be true.
Read on to find out why smiling is so good for you and you should do more of it, and what to do if you aren’t that confident about your smile.
4 Reasons Why You Should Start Smiling More Right This Second
Read on for some reasons why you should share your smile with the rest of the world.
1. Improves Our Mental Health
Studies have examined if an outward display of emotion has the ability to affect how we feel inside.
In one such study, participants who didn’t have the ability to frown (because of Botox injections) were actually happier than people who could frown freely.
Researchers concluded that certain parts of our body – like our face – reinforce the positive feelings we’re experiencing.
2. Does Wonders for Your Self-Esteem and Confidence
When we smile we feel more positive, and this can increase our levels of self-esteem and confidence. Because of this, our creativity and performance at work improve. It’s also easier to connect with others, particularly when establishing new relationships.
That helps to improve our self-esteem and confidence as well. And then makes us want to smile even more. It’s a wonderful cycle of positivity.
3. Laughing Boosts Immune Function and Our Ability to Heal
The cells in our body are hard at work to repair problems and create balance.
Some studies have found that when we smile, we can reduce the level of rigidness of the cells. Cells that are flexible are essential to maintain health and immune response.
4. Smiling Can Reduce Stress
Healthful neurotransmitters are released whenever we smile. These include:
- Dopamine – relaxes body, reduces blood pressure and heart rate
- Endorphins – pain relievers
- Serotonin – a mood lifter
With the overwhelm of the health info out there, it’s nice to know that there’s something we can all do to improve our health right now. And some added benefits – it’s free and super easy.
But what if you avoid smiling because you aren’t happy with your teeth?
Not Crazy About Your Smile? Get a Smile You’re Proud to Show with GOODHEALTH.dental
If you don’t like your smile – have no fear. That’s why cosmetic dentistry was invented.
For years, dentistry was strictly restorative, but as time progressed, more people wanted to improve the look of their smile.
Dentistry has tried to keep up with this demand, providing us with a variety of ways to brighten and straighten our teeth, in addition to replacing teeth that have gone missing.
And the great thing about all of this is that treatments have become more affordable and quicker to adminsiter.
So, how can a cosmetic dentist help you?
Here are some of the treatments you can receive if you come into our Solon dental office for cosmetic care.
- Whitening – In-office teeth whitening is one of the fastest ways to improve the look of your smile. In just a few treatments, your teeth will be several shades brighter.
- Veneers – Veneers are like porcelain shells that are placed over the front of the anterior (front) teeth. These shells can close gaps, brighten a smile, and make the teeth appear straighter.
- Adult Braces – If you have crowding, gaps, crooked teeth, or a misaligned bite, you need braces. Straight teeth are one of the best things you can do for your smile. Plus, it can treat TMJ disorder, which is extremely painful.
- Composite Bonding – Tooth-colored filling material is a great option if you want to replace silver fillings or you can’t afford porcelain veneers. You can achieve almost the same effect with bonding as you can with veneers. The downside is you’ll likely need to replace the bonding sooner.
- Replacing Missing Teeth – With dentures, bridges, and implants, missing teeth are a thing of the past.
Let GOODHEALTH.dental Help You Feel More Confident About Your Smile
Knowing all the mental and physical health benefits of smiling, we hope you will be quick to share your beautiful smile more often!
If you’re hesitant because you’re not crazy about the aesthetics of your teeth, I urge you to contact our office.
Our dental team and Dr. Rose are well-trained to help you achieve a gorgeous smile. And we love to see the finished results of these procedures. Not only because they’re beautiful, but because our patients are so happy.
If you aren’t happy with your smile, let’s talk about how we can create a smile you’ll be proud to show off.
Need a little confidence boost? Contact us to schedule a consultation. We’ll discuss treatment options that will give you the smile you’ve always wanted.